Friday, June 18, 2010

The shot heard 'round the world.



-OMG its LUCKBOX

Ok so maybe not everyone heard it, and it certainly didn't start a revolution from England, but I'm sure it was the talk on cake poker last night as I was playing 50nl. I'm pretty sure after the first few times I was stacked, players from fulltilt were making accounts on cake just to sit down at my table...

Two nights ago I final tabled a 5$ rebuy on Cake in second place with chips. Not much happened and three players were knocked out. Finally I decided to open kjo in the Hijack (place two to the right of the button) because the table was playing tighter than airport security after 9/11.

Two callers, one shortstack, and the deepstack - who was awful btw. The only reason he was still in the tournament was because he successfully cracked aa with his 55. He minbet/shoved 40 bb w/ a gutshot (Darvin Moon?) and was snapped by top-set, only to river his gutshot.

So the flop was 973 Rainbow and they both checked to me. There was ~50k in the pot and I bet 27k. Darvin called.

Turn was a 4 that put a flushdraw on the board. Not the best card for me, but personally I thought he could easily be floating any broadway hands, maybe have 55, 66, 88, etc. Still I don't think he could continue with a 9 to a barrel, not for all of his chips.

I was wrong. I bet like like 59k when he checked to me on this random card. He tanked and shipped it. It was a good play, if he was a thinking player, sadly he was not. I mucked after giving him 1/2 of my chips and he said he had 109. Next hand I shipped a7 and was called by 77 and 1010 and was knocked out for a measly $150. (First was a cool $880. One day soon I'll ship my first donkament.

On top of that I made about 100 playing 20nl that night on cake.

So last night I decided to take a shot at 50nl because I was rolled for it, and cake is the softest site on the planet. However I didn't know I would get stacked set over straight, Straight over straight, and aa vs ak aipf. (plus a few buy ins of tilt, sigh).

I didn't win a single hand at showdown last night. So now, for the moment you've all been waiting for...


Given the sexy results of my amazing session last night. I'm doing a lockdown tonight.

Update on Sunday.

Stay hydrated Arizona,

Luckbox

No comments:

Post a Comment