Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Downswings, Darvin Moon, and Obama



I've got some great news and some horrible news. Unless you've been living under a box for the last two years, you have undoubtably heard the name Obama. Now I don't want this to turn into a verbal war of subtle blows between the President of the United States and me. If you don't know anything about Obama <=== click here. Not only has he tried to turn our country into Socialist Cuba, he has convinced Full Tilt that we need to redistribute wealth.
I've seen some sick downswings, but I've never experienced it first hand. This month I lost 80+ buy ins in a row. The important thing is, I'm not busto. One of the best things we can do as poker players is to use our bankroll management skills and just play through it. If we just try to play through it without analyzing our game, we are making a huge mistake. When we can't seem to win, we need to study more than we normally do. Besides coaching Hughezy1 and going over hands with Addicted19 almost daily, we should also go over hands on our own. Making our own decisions is more important than getting advice from other winning players. When we make our own theories and bounce them off other players, we are all going to profit in the long run.
Before I reveal the visual proof of Obama and Full Tilt and their Socialist ways, I'd like to remind us how important bankroll management. I have a manager at work who is really into sports gambling (I don't support it, but I guess you can make informed decisions based on statistics slightly like poker?). Last month he cashed 5k, which isn't a bad month by any stretch of imagination. The only problem is when he bets, he will put at least 1/2 of his bankroll in play on one game. If he loses two games, his account is busto. If you are going to gamble, you need to have some bankroll management rules. If I didn't drop down limits, my account would be completely busto:


On a much happier note, I'm pleased to inform you the addition of our second student to our coaching program. His username is LOL DARVIN MOON on fulltilt where he will be playing the 90 mans once he grinds up his roll on pokerstars playing the 45mans. He has never played online poker before, and has very limited live experience. He is starting from scratch. It is going to take him 4 months to get where it took me to get in 4 years.
Things seemed to have clicked for Hughezy1. This is a picture of his roll, we started coaching him at game 1,000:

Last night we had a 3 player lockdown and I will be posting the results within the next few days. Good luck at the tables.

Luckbox

No comments:

Post a Comment