Take it away Tim:
"I'm a 42 yr old retired Police Officer and in keeping with my generation, a complete computer idiot. So, having to write, save and send this is a real pain in the ass...Thx OMG! I started playing poker in 2007. I have always been a casino goer and used to enjoy blowing thousands at Blackjack.
One Friday night I noticed a large crowd sitting down for A £10 r/b and sat down...10 rebuys later I was pretty muched hooked. For the fist 15 to 18 months I only played live and was the biggest fish ever. I played like a rock waiting for premium hands and had limited success. In Sept 2008 I got hugely lucky in a £250 live f/o final tabling and eventually finishing 2nd for just under £5k ( at that time 10k us ). I thought at that time that I had made it and was a good player ( how wrong I was lol ) and from the confidence of the win went and bought in 2 weeks later to the GUKPT ME (£1k buyin) and the Gala CBMT ME (£1.5k Buyin) some weeeks later. I busted out of the first with a real donk play but folded my way into Day 2 of the second before losing with AA v KK. Anyhoo..The first table I sat at in Blackpool I was sat next to this 6'5" german kid who clearly knew what he doing. We got chatting and had a real laugh. He had qualified online for the event and my £5k bink impressed him. During the course of the conversation he asked where I played online..I hadn't even considered playing online and he went on to recommend the usual sites and I began to enter the online world.
Once again I hit it lucky.I managed to FT the 5$ 20kgtd on stars and chip chopped 4 handed for $2.1k and the same day FT'd a $24 on FTP for nearly $800. "This is fucking eeeezy" I thought. Unfortunately those were the only notable successes. My donk play was catching up with me and I was almost alwasy the biggest fish on the table. I couldn't multi table and playing 1/2 tourneys for a min cash, if I was lucky, ceased to be fun. It was around this time that I accepted that I wasn't a poker genius and invested in Harrington On Holdem. I read both books and didn't understand wtf he was on about..I realised I didn't know the first thing about poker whatsoever. In March this year I was surfing the net and came accross a certian well known SNG grinders site. I was inspired. I knew I had to 'go back to school' so to speak and learn how to multi table for volume purposes. I started on the $4.40 180's and $2.20 180 turbos on stars.
I read strategy articles and started posting hands on 2+2. I immediatly started on a heater racking up over $1k at these stakes. It was posting of hands on 2+2 that led to me making contact with OMG its LUCKBOX. I was posting 4/5 hands per day there and a member thought I was taking the piss by asking such elementary questions and flamed me. OMG cam to my defence and contact was made. I had made the jump to 90 man KO's on FTP. I started adding tables in order to get my volume up. At the start of this coaching contract I was barely able to 5 table..over 1000 games later in I can easily handle up to 12...Such a difference.
Prior to starting the contract I had discussions with OMG and Addicted19. When they said they felt confident that could make me, a donk, into a winning player I jumped at the chance but stated I wanted to sart at the lowest levels and learn from the ground up, so to speak.The guys have the ability to explain in lay-amns terms the principles, strategies and reasons behind them for the 90 mans so much so that even I understood them. They're also great ppl to just 'chew the fat' with.
I look forward to each coaching session and always learn something new which I am able to apply to my game with positive and immediate results. I have become a winning player after only 1000 tourneys aking my Sharkscope from red to black. I now aim to play 40-60 tourneys a day and my goals are to keep climbing the stakes. I starated with $280 in my FTP BR and am now nearly rolled for 12's allwith OPM (other ppl's money). I am proud to say I am a winning player and its alldown to Addicted19 amd OmG...I cant thank you two enuf....
Peace"
Hughezy1's lifetime graph:
Hughezy1's SNG graph since coaching:
Congratulations Hughezy1, we are both very pleased with your progress and are excited to keep seeing you crush for the rest of the contract.
Good luck at the tables,
LUCKBOX
No comments:
Post a Comment